Importance of health:
It is rightly said, “Health is Wealth”. And we cannot deny the fact that health plays an important role in the well-being of an individual. Being healthy does not necessarily signify physical fitness, but also a mental state of well-being. A person needs to be both mentally and physically sound to be referred to as a healthy individual. Exercise also one of the most common health benefits.
Importance of exercise:
We all need to move because that is the basis for all things we do. The energy we need comes from the foods we eat, it falls into 3 types: protein, fats, and carbohydrates, and we need these to become energetic and to function well. By performing the exercise, our body starts the beneficial process of metabolism. This process uses the fat stored in our body part as part of the catalyst needed. So by performing the exercise, your body is burning fat. Therefore, exercise helps us to maintain our health.
Benefits of Exercising
1. Acts as a protective measure against several cancers (breast and colon cancer) in particular.
2. Maintains cholesterol level.
3. Reduces the likelihood of developing blood clots that can lead to heart attack or stroke.
4. Reduces the likelihood of developing type 2 (adult onset) diabetes.
5. Increased motion and flexibility.
6. Blood pumps more blood through the veins, which lowers blood pressure.
7. Improve sleep patterns and possibly cure insomnia. Staying active during the day by exercising depletes your body of energy before you go to bed, allowing you to quickly fall into a deep, restful sleep. 8. Strengthens muscles and improves blood flow to tissues as well as improves posture.
9. Prevents constipation, which is a major problem when inactive, among other reasons such as diet and dehydration. Exercise keeps your bowel moving by getting blood to where it needs to be and keeping you active.
10. Prevents swelling of hands and feet. Increased blood flow and movement keep retention at bay.
11. It prevents fatigue because as the blood is rushed around the body, it constantly supplies the body cells with much-needed oxygen.
12. Weight loss and control as a result of burning the fat and the increased metabolism, which is very helpful since metabolism slows down.
13. Toned and strong body, not only do you look great, but also you can do chores without easily getting tired. You will surprise your children or grandchildren with how long you can play with them.
14. It can reduce anxiety levels and depression, your brain is stimulated and occupied, your mood is raised and so you don’t feel overwhelmed by everyday situations.
15. May reduce or limit the symptoms of menopause.