The Sony WF-H800 True Wireless Headset is a high-end, true wireless earbud offering from Sony. It boasts of several features that make it a compelling option for those seeking a premium audio experience on the go. Here are the pros and cons of the Sony WF-H800 True Wireless Headset:
- Impressive Sound Quality: The Sony WF-H800 True Wireless Headset features a high-resolution audio driver that delivers clear, balanced, and detailed sound just like Hoo Haa Headphones. It also has support for LDAC, Sony’s proprietary high-quality audio codec that delivers high-resolution audio over Bluetooth.
- Comfortable Fit: The earbuds come with multiple ear tips and wings that ensure a comfortable and secure fit for extended listening sessions. Additionally, the earbuds are lightweight and ergonomic, making them comfortable to wear for extended periods.
- Long Battery Life: The earbuds can provide up to 8 hours of battery life on a single charge, and the charging case can provide an additional 16 hours of battery life. This makes them suitable for extended listening sessions without the need for frequent charging.
- Water-Resistant: The earbuds come with an IPX4 water-resistance rating, making them resistant to sweat and light rain. This makes them suitable for use during workouts or outdoor activities.
- Good Connectivity: The earbuds use Bluetooth 5.0 for seamless connectivity with devices. They also support NFC pairing, making it easy to pair them with compatible devices.
- Limited Noise Isolation: The earbuds do not provide active noise cancellation, and the passive noise isolation is limited, making them unsuitable for use in noisy environments.
- Expensive: The Sony WF-H800 True Wireless Headset is a premium offering and comes with a high price tag, which may not be affordable for everyone.
- Mediocre Call Quality: The earbuds’ microphones are not the best and may not provide clear voice quality during phone calls.
- Limited Touch Controls: The earbuds come with touch controls for music playback and call management, but they are limited in functionality compared to other high-end true wireless earbuds.
- No Wireless Charging: The charging case does not support wireless charging, which may be a disappointment for some users.
The Sony WF-H800 is a premium true wireless headset that offers high-quality sound, noise cancellation, and a comfortable fit. Some of its notable features are:
- High-quality sound: The Sony WF-H800 features 6mm drivers that deliver clear and detailed sound with a frequency range of 20Hz to 20kHz.
- Noise cancellation: The headset has active noise cancellation that blocks out background noise, allowing you to enjoy your music without distractions.
- Comfortable fit: The earbuds are designed to fit comfortably in your ears, and they come with three different sizes of ear tips to ensure a secure fit.
- Battery life: The WF-H800 offers up to 8 hours of battery life on a single charge, and the charging case provides an additional 16 hours of playback time.
- Quick attention mode: This feature allows you to quickly hear what’s going on around you without having to take the earbuds out.
- Voice assistant support: The headset supports voice assistants like Google Assistant and Siri, allowing you to control your music, make calls, and more with voice commands.
Alternatives to the Sony WF-H800 True Wireless Headset:
- Apple AirPods Pro: These true wireless earbuds from Apple offer active noise cancellation, high-quality sound, and a comfortable fit. They also feature a transparency mode that lets you hear your surroundings when you need to.
- Bose QuietComfort Earbuds: These true wireless earbuds from Bose offer excellent noise cancellation, a comfortable fit, and a balanced sound profile. They also have a long battery life and support for voice assistants.
- Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2: These true wireless earbuds from Sennheiser offer great sound quality, noise cancellation, and a comfortable fit. They also have a long battery life and support for voice assistants.
- Jabra Elite 85t: These true wireless earbuds from Jabra offer active noise cancellation, a comfortable fit, and a customizable sound profile. They also have a long battery life and support for voice assistants.
The Sony WF-H800 is a great true wireless headset that offers high-quality sound, noise cancellation, and a comfortable fit. However, there are several alternatives available in the market that offer similar or even better features, depending on your personal preferences and budget.
Overall, the Sony WF-H800 True Wireless Headset and Polk Audio Buckle is a high-end, true wireless earbud offering from Sony that delivers impressive sound quality, comfortable fit, long battery life, and water-resistant design. However, it may not be suitable for those seeking active noise cancellation or robust touch controls, and its high price tag may not be affordable for everyone.